Among some of the essential kitchen accessories, juicers and blenders come on the list. You can’t think of any better option other than a juicer to make fruit juice.
Similarly, for cake lovers, can you miss having a blender in your kitchen racks?
But the fundamental issue arises when you have to select between a juicer and a blender. Therefore, this article will follow every detail of juicing vs. blending, its pros and cons, and more for your knowledge.
Types, Pros and Cons of Juicer Machines
Juicing is a process of extracting juice from fruits like citrus, pomegranate, green leafy vegetables, and other types of herbs. You can take out juices from fruits and vegetables with the assistance of a juicer. The main difference between juicing vs. blending is that juicing removes fibrous minerals and leaves only juicy materials.
And as opposed to this, blending involves the mix of pulp and fibers in the blended food item. Juicing is the method of grinding, crushing, and squeezing fruit pulps. You will get vitamins, minerals from fruits and vegetables. But at the same time, beneficial fibers from food items are lost.
When you visit a juicer shop, you can get confused among varieties of juicers. You may feel puzzled about knowing which Juicer will suit you the best. Therefore, let’s look at the different types of juicers to learn the differences between Juicers and blenders.
Among the home juicers, the centrifugal Juicer is regarded as the fastest among all other types of juicers. These types of juicers are also the cheapest among all the different types. After ending the juicing process, centrifugal juicers include approximately 25% of the solids like seeds and stems.
How does a Centrifugal Juicer work?
The shredding of fruits and vegetables in a centrifugal juicier occurs at an RPM/Rotation Per Minute of 6,500 to 14,000. The produce feds from a tube until the point it makes direct contact with the speedy spinning blades. And as a result, the juice comes at the highest speed through the side of the machine. It comes from the centrifugal force of the spinning basket. And then it comes into the glass or a jug through the sharp screen. Juicer mixer grinders – the modern centrifugal juicers come with additional facilities for mixing and grinding
Advantages of Centrifugal Juicers
- For household uses, centrifugal juicers are ideal because they are fast and effortless.
- The centrifugal Juicer saves a lot of space and is handy. Your kitchen counter will look clean because it takes less area.
- Most importantly, these are also budget-friendly. You can get a quality juicer at a lower price.
- Many brands manufacture centrifugal juicers. So, you will get a wide variety of designs for centrifugal juicers, capable of doing multiple functions.
Drawbacks of Centrifugal Juicers
- Centrifugal juicers function with high speed which it generates much heat which degrades the quality of the juice.
- The juices extracted with this Juicer are more oxidized than other types of juicers. It creates foam at the top layer of the fresh juice. The user must separate the foam quickly before drinking the juice.
- The noisiest Juicer among the Juicer vs. blender comparison is the centrifugal Juicer. It can irritate everyone due to its high sound.
- This type of Juicer cannot handle green leafy vegetables properly.
- Unlike cold-pressed juices, the juice extracted from these juicers does not stay healthy for a long time.
Cold Press Juicer
A cold press juicer is used to extract juice from fruits and vegetables with the help of a hydraulic press. It is in this way different from centrifugal juicers. It is mainly used in various commercial stores to extract juices and store them in the refrigerator easily.
How does a Cold Press Juicer Work?
The cold press juicer works in two respective phases.
In the first phase, the fruits are being dropped inside the juicer rack. Then the fruits or vegetables are thoroughly chopped inside with the inside stainless steel blade. The pieces are equal and consistent.
Then, more than a thousand-pound pressure is used to extract juice from the chopped pieces. And the remaining pulps then get filtered to the press bag. And as a result, completely smooth juices come out. Cold press juicers are regarded as the best in the Juicer vs. blender comparison.
Advantages of Cold Press Juicers
- This Juicer efficiently destroys bacteria without compromising the taste and quality of the juice. Even after using heat and chemical pasteurization methods, your cold-pressed juice retains the freshness and taste of the fruit.
- The cold pressing method is also nutritious for our systems. The juice extracted through this method is rich in vitamins, minerals, and other healthy enzymes.
- The taste of juice with cold pressed juices even after 3-5 days is unmatched.
- Compared to the centrifugal Juicer, you will get more juice per ounce with a cold press juicer.
- You will get thicker juice with cold pressing because some of the pulps and fiber retain in the extracted juice. It is more nutritious as compared to watery juice.
- The juicer is also noiseless and environment-friendly in that sense. You can use this Juicer everywhere without bothering anyone about the unwanted sound.
Disadvantages of Cold Press Juicers
- One of the most unfortunate drawbacks of cold press juicers is their high price. Compared to centrifugal juicers, these can’t be afforded by everyone.
- The time taken by this juice is much more than any centrifugal juicer. You have to wait a long for extract juices from vegetables and fruits.
- These juicers are also bulky and can hardly be allocated in the kitchen area.
As the name suggests, a citrus juicer is used to extract juices from citrus fruits with the help of different-sized reams. You can purchase both electronic and manual citrus juicers from the stores.
How does a Citrus Juicer work?
Citrus juicer functions efficiently when you put tie fruits inside it. Therefore buy ripe fruits and slice them into two to three parts. Place a glass just below the metal out so that you can store the extracted juice in the glass. Once plugged in the Juicer, choose the appropriate ream for juicing.
You will find one button for smaller citrus fruits and lemons. And another us for larger citrus fruits like orange. Then grad the fruit pulps in your pull and push it through the reamer. When you push down the reamer heads, the juice squeezes out from the metallic spout on your glass. And then you can drink the juice.
Advantages of Citrus Juicers
- You can look at a citrus juicer if you are looking for a manual juicer. These types of juicers are energy-friendly and consume less electricity if plugged in. Therefore, you must consider a citrus juicer in the comparison of Juicers and blenders if you want to save electricity.
- You don’t require thorough clean-ups with a citrus juicer. It is easy to clean citrus juicer parts.
- Within a minute, you can produce quality juice everywhere with this kind of Juicer.
Disadvantages of Citrus Juicers
- One of the main problems with a citrus juicer is that it can only extract citrus juices. Therefore, it is not very versatile as compared to others.
- Mainly for an electric citrus juicer, sometimes it extracts the bitter peels and citrus pith in the juice. These make it bitter.
Pros and Cons of Different Types of Blenders
A blender is a regular kitchen appliance used to grind, mix, crush, and emulsify food substances. It consists of a rotating blade made from metal and an electric motor at the base. If a blender is powerful enough, then it can also crush ice and frozen items.
Blenders are detachable and come with a cup, lid, lid plug, blade, and a tamper.
When you drop fruit, for example, in a blender, you have to turn on the button. Then the motor initiates the blade to turn on. The circular whirring motion creates vortex movement, which blends the food item. The vortex forms a vacuum at the center of the jar. This center vortex moves the food item in the middle of the container. In simple words, it creates a tornado-like effect.
The effect continues and whips more air inside the container. The air speeds up the process and blends the ingredients more quickly. And lastly, you will get smoothly blended fruits, vegetables, and food items.
The hand blenders have a design like an electric beater and are used to blend ingredients. You can use it for blending cake molds and baking other types of desserts.
Advantages of Hand Blenders
- These blenders are easy to clean and are portable.
- You don’t have to hold them constantly to put them to work because of the cutting blade.
- You will see the ripples more accessible in a few minutes with this blender.
Disadvantages of Hand Blenders
- The design of the hand blenders are not perfectly fit for making smooth dough like shortbread.
- You can only make it better when you have chopped fruits and vegetables from earlier.
Stick or Immersion Blenders
These blenders come in comfortable hand-holding stick designs. It consists of a safety guard surrounded by a chopping blade. Depending on brands and power consumption, stick blenders differ from immersion blenders. With a stick blender, you can easily blend hot soups and liquids.
Advantages of Immersion Blenders
- This blender does not support any pressure buildup from steam.
- You will not receive any third-degree burns.
- You can easily clean it and are safe with a dishwasher.
Disadvantages of Immersion Blenders
- You have to put a lot of pressure on the blending button to smooth and blend better.
- You can’t crush ice and hard items effectively with this blender.
Single-serve blenders come in diversifying sizes and are suitable for choosing frozen fruits, nuts, or ice. You can also make good pancake batter with a single-serve blender.
Advantages of Single-Serve Blenders
- The high speed of the blenders can turn chunky items into smooth finishing.
- The blades inside the bullet container are safe to handle.
Disadvantage of Single-Serve Blenders
One of the most critical issues users faced while using personal blenders is leakage of liquids. It is so because the blade items are often not firmly attached. Sometimes, you can tighten the screw, but still, the problem of leakage is a concern.
Portable blenders are composed of clear glass tubes, blade bases, and motors. These blenders are light in weight and are portable due to their smaller size.
Advantages of Portable Blenders
- They are highly portable, which is the most significant advantage.
- You can charge it any time with a USB charger as it runs with a rechargeable battery.
- While using it, you can move it anywhere without getting stuck.
Disadvantage of Portable Blenders
This machine is newer in the market and can create issues like leakage while using them, especially for baby foods.
Countertop blenders are accurate for making drinks by causing massive pressure on the compressor. These blenders are designed to cool liquids and seal wells the lids.
Advantages of Countertop Blenders
- It is one of the powerful blenders which can nearly blend any possible thing.
- You can set the speed for blending according to the food items.
- As opposed to the earlier version, you can easily clean it.
- You can quickly clean it with a dishwasher.
Disadvantages of Countertop Blenders
- Their heavyweight is the most practical drawback of this type of machine.
- You will face a storage problem with this kind of blender.
- Countertop blenders are also noisy to use. It has the risk of breaking the glasses also.
This type of blender is used with power and is used for heavy users. For those who are highly dependent on blenders, this one is for them.
Advantages of Commercial Blenders
- The bigger motor with a robust build makes it convenient for heavy usage.
- You can blend anything for butter with these machines, from soft tomatoes to heavily roasted nuts.
Disadvantages of Commercial Blenders
- The price of these blending machines is relatively high.
- You will find it hard to clean the sticky after-use containers of the blenders.
Juicer vs. Blender Differences – Comparison
|Points of Difference||Juicers||Blenders|
|Purpose||It is only used in extracting juices from the fruits.||Blending is the process of making pastes and mixtures from chunky food items.|
|How it works||Fruits and vegetables are crushes to extract juices.||There is a single blade that chops and mixes ingredients.|
|Health benefits||Extracting pulps and fruits into juices reduces the nutrient benefits.||Blending retains the fiber content and vitamins. It does not destabilize blood sugar.|
|Capacity||Depends on the chosen container to extract the juice.||It creates blends or mixtures for up to 5-6 cups.|
|Cleaning||Time-consuming task and few parts are dishwasher friendly.||It is easy to wash with the help of a dishwasher. Most parts are safe to dishwashing-consuming.|
Juicing Vs. Blending -Which is Better and Why?
The blenders are used for versatile functions ranging from mixing, blending, crushing, and grinding foods. Juicers are only worthy for extracting juices. Blenders are used for smoothing items as soft as pumpkin and tomatoes, too hard frozen items. But compared to that, juicers are only used to make juice from vegetables and fruits. It makes pulp and peels free juices, which are higher in water content.
Method of Working
Since the blenders have sharp metallic blades, they can blend almost everything inside the appliance. Blender also used high power to handle whole fruits and vegetables. However, you can use the blenders for varying speeds depending on blending, chopping, and slicing. They are noisy.
As opposed to this, Juicer breaks down the fruits and vegetables and then divides the pulp, skin/peel from the juice. The juice then flows through the drive and is collected in a container from another chamber.
After being blended or ground in a blender, the ingredients have more fiber in their fruits and vegetables. The enriched blended foods are rich in fiber, making foods digestible and results in harmful bacteria growing in your systems. Blenders also keep a check on high blood pressure and prevent type 2 diabetes compared to juicers which are known to be worse for diabetes patients. Juicers also remove the effect of fibers and vitamins during the extraction of juices and removing pulps.
When you compare juicers and blenders, you must note that blenders are more capable of producing a maximum number of end products than juicers. Blenders can create approximately five to six cups of mixtures while juicers fail to do so. The capacity to make juice out of a juicer depends on the container or glass size.
Ease of Cleaning
The juicers are made of narrow chambers, which makes it challenging to clean them manually. You must clean the microbial jugs appropriately after using them every time. It is so because you have to disinfect the container after use. On the other side, most of the blenders are handy and are easy to clean. Since most parts of the blenders see detachable, therefore, you can clean most pieces with a completely safe dishwasher. On the contrary, only some parts of a juicer you can clean with a dishwasher.
Therefore, comparing Juicer vs. blender and making a decision about which one is better depends on uses. If you are looking for only fine quality pulp-free juice making, then a juicer is suitable for you. But on the other side, a blender is perfect for performing versatile functions and maintaining health benefits.