A juicer mixer grinder is undoubtedly the most versatile appliance in your kitchen. This hardworking useful appliance reduces human efforts to a great extent while providing a better and easier way to get things done.
But, how to use a juicer mixer grinder?
It can get things done in no time, from whipping cream to grinding spices and extracting juices. The best juicer mixer grinders in India are loaded with multiple useful features for different purposes that talk about extreme versatility! That said, an appliance this useful and versatile does demand proper handling and care.
Any recklessness while handling your expensive machinery can get it damaged and render it useless; you wouldn’t want that to happen, right?
So consider this article as your guide on using a juicer mixer grinder proficiently.
What Does a Juicer Mixer Grinder Do?
A juicer mixer grinder is a mixer grinder with the added functionality of juicing. It can do a variety of tasks ranging from juicing, mixing, blending, and grinding. The machinery utilizes a heavy-duty motor that powers a sharp and fast-rotating blade to satisfy all your juicing, mixing, and blending needs. It’s safe to say that a juicer mixer grinder is probably the best and the most useful piece of machinery in a kitchen.
A juicer mixer grinder typically comes with three jars usually made of stainless steel or polycarbonate material, specifically made for dry grinding and wet grinding purposes.
Here are the four effective uses of a juicer mixer grinder-
Preparing Fresh Juice
A glass of fresh fruit juice is sometimes all you need to kickstart your day with a subtle boost of energy. Juicing fruits or veggies often involves fine chopping and grinding, which is hard to do manually.
However, thanks to modern juicer mixer grinders, you can prepare a bowl of ready-to-serve fresh fruit juice in a fraction of the time. Talk about a quick and healthy energy booster! However, make sure to consume the juice soon after preparing it to avoid fermentation in the juice.
You can utilize your mixer grinder for the easy preparation of purees out of your favorite fruits or vegetables. Just blend the ingredients in your juicer mixer grinder, and you’re good to go. And, unlike juices, purees can be safely stored in the refrigerator for weeks.
Grinding spices to prepare a masala powder is one of the main jobs of a mixer grinder. You can prepare a perfect blend of spices like cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, bay leaves, and cardamom to garnish your various dishes and make them even tastier. Or, you can add the masala powder while cooking to give your food the delicious lip-smacking flavor that can make anyone drool over it.
Grinding Dry Ingredients
You can grind sugar, rice, and oats in your mixer grinder to use the product in various healthy food recipes. Tasks like preparing finely powdered sugar or finely grounded roasted oats are otherwise very tedious if done manually.
How to Use a Juicer Mixer Grinder for Juicing?
A glass of freshly prepared juice first thing in the morning can give you an instant kick of energy. It’s a better, cheaper, and healthier alternative to energy containing huge amounts of caffeine. The best part is that your juicer mixer grinder can do the job in minutes. That said, your versatile juicer mixer grinder is ideal for extracting juice from the ingredients while effectively separating the pulp. For example, extracting juice from the fruits or vegetables can be done in 2 simple and easy steps using a juicer mixer grinder-
Step 1: The recipe starts with chopping the fruits and vegetables into small pieces. You sure can skip this step, but that will put a lot of strain on the motor of your juicer mixer grinder. We recommend you chop the fruits or veggies in small sizes to make the juicing process go even smoother without stressing your expensive machinery a lot.
Step 2: Feed the chopped vegetables and fruits into the feeder tube and turn the machine on. Meanwhile, make sure to push the chopped fruits and veggies inside the tube using a pusher. The fast-rotating blade inside your juicer will utilize the power of a heavy-duty motor to pulverize the ingredients while effectively separating the pulp in a pulp collector. That’s it; your juice will start pouring in an instant.
How to Mix Ingredients with a Juicer Mixer Grinder?
Traditional methods of mixing dry ingredients were extremely tedious in comparison to methods used in current times. While traditional methods involve pounding the ingredients in a big mortar and pestle, modern juicer mixer grinders can do the job in a fraction of the time while maintaining extreme efficiency. Following the below steps, you can easily mix ingredients using your juicer mixer grinder. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: The foremost step involves drying the ingredients on a non-stick pan. Dry-roasting the ingredients makes it easy for the mixer grinder to process the product efficiently. Make sure to dry-roast the ingredients one after the other (not simultaneously) on a non-stick pan. Meanwhile, ensure the ingredients do not burn by keeping the flame intensity on low or medium levels.
Step 2: Let the ingredients cool down to normal temperatures. Meanwhile, prepare your juicer mixer grinder for further processing.
Step 3: Add the ingredients to the jar of your juicer mixer grinder. Now, all you need is patience; let the machine do its job. Grind the ingredients until the mixture turns very smooth.
Step 4: This dry and heavy grinding produces a lot of heat. That said, before using the mixture to compliment your favorite dishes, pour the mixture out and let it cool for a while. Then, put the cooled-down mixture in a clean air-tight container and store it in a cool and dry place. As the mixture is dry, there are very few chances of catching pathogenic bacteria, so you can safely store the mixture in your refrigerator for months.
How to Grind with a Juicer Mixer Grinder?
Your versatile piece of machinery is pretty efficient in grinding the ingredients. Grinding the food items using a juicer mixer grinder can be done in a few simple steps. The three steps are as follows:
Step 1: Gather the ingredients firsthand before even plugging your juicer mixer grinder into the socket. This is to avoid any hassle while in between the process and avoid missing out on important ingredients.
Step 2: Gently pour all the ingredients in the jar attached to the juicer mixer grinder. If required, add a subtle amount of water into the jar and grind the mixture for about 5-10 minutes. The grinding time can depend on the quantity and the type of ingredients. Also, make sure to keep an eye on the consistency while grinding the mixture.
Safety Tips to Use a Juicer Mixer Grinder
While dealing with such a piece of expensive machinery, you have to ensure the machine’s safety and yours. Carelessness while working with such electrical appliances can cost you more than just money. Moreover, any machine with complex mechanisms requires maintenance to function properly. Here are a few safety and maintenance tips from our side to keep your juicer mixer grinder running for a long time. These tips may also save you a lot of hassle in case something goes sideways.
- Avoid overfilling the blender jar: The violent pulverization of ingredients might spit some of the ingredients out of the jar if you fill it too much. In that case, avoid filling the jar with more than 1/4th of its capacity to prevent such accidents. Also, make sure to add the required amount of water or milk so that the blades don’t get jammed.
- Clean the juicer mixer grinder after every use: Your juicer mixer grinder is a hardworking piece of machinery; you may find yourself using your juicer mixer grinder at least once or twice a day. In that case, you have to ensure thorough cleaning of your machine after every use. You should clean the jars with a dishwashing liquid to make sure the residues get eradicated. If you’ve prepared something with an intense odor, make sure to use lukewarm water to remove that odor from the jars. Do not wash the body of your juicer mixer grinder with water; use a toothbrush instead.
- Ensure proper locking: You always have to make sure the jars are properly locked to the machine. This is the part of using a juicer mixer grinder that requires utmost attention and care. Any looseness in the fitting of the jars can result in broken blades and severe damage to the overall health of your juicer mixer grinder.
- Keep the machine away from the reach of children: The function of a juicer mixer grinder may sound pretty simple, but it involves complex and dangerous mechanics that can cause harm if handled carelessly. That said, your children may end up accidentally turning the machine on; this can potentially cause some serious injuries to children considering the sharp and fast-rotating blade in the juicer mixer grinder.
- Use the right speed: Different ingredients require different speeds. For example- processing dry spices require relatively higher speeds than juicing fruits and vegetables. Maintaining the right speed helps in regulating the consistency of the mixture. However, in any case, make sure not to start your juicer mixer grinder with higher speeds; start from low and gradually increase the speed to medium or high.
- Increase the motor speed gradually: Starting your juicer mixer grinder at full speed puts a lot of stress on the motor. On the other hand, starting with low and gradually increasing speed allows the motor to process the ingredients more efficiently. This can help your machine give you extended years of reliable service without stressing a lot. Also, avoid keeping the motor working at maximum speeds to lessen the machine’s strain and save power.
- Avoid using hot ingredients in the juicer mixer grinder: Have patience and let the ingredients sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before pouring them into your juicer mixer grinder. Using hot ingredients can overheat the blades or the motor that may cause some serious harm to your expensive appliance. Moreover, excess heat can also damage the delicate flavor of your ingredients.
- Use high-quality accessories: Avoid using cheap accessories with your juicer mixer grinder. Using cheaper accessories may save you some money, but it can severely harm the health of your expensive piece of machinery. You might end up losing more money on repairs than what you would be saving by using cheaper and lower-quality accessories.
- Unplug the machine after usage: After use, unplug the machinery to prevent any accidents. Also, make sure to store the juicer mixer grinder in a dry place with no water around to prevent an electric shock that can permanently damage your machine.
- Give it a break: Continuous dry grinding generates a significant amount of heat that can damage the blades of your juicer mixer grinder. Ensure to give your machine a break every 3-5 minutes of continuous dry grinding.
So, this was our take on how to operate a juicer mixer grinder proficiently. A juicer mixer grinder may be useful and one of the most versatile appliances ever made; the amount of care and maintenance required is something you can’t ignore. At least, if you want your appliance to give you years of reliable service. That said, we’ve covered most parts surrounding the proficient use of juicer mixer grinders. Make sure to follow all the guidelines to ensure maximum safety while keeping your expensive piece of machinery in a healthy state.